County Championship Meet
The GCSL Championship Meet will be held the weekend of July 13-14 at Georgia Tech. Age groups are scheduled as follows:
Saturday July 13th, 2019
Session 1 ( Age 9 & 10)
- Warmups at 7:30 AM
- Start Time: 9:20AM session concludes at approx. 12:55PM
Session 2 (Double Session - Ages 13-14 & 15-18)
- Warm up at 1:30PM
- Starting Time: 3:15PM session concludes at approx. 8:11PM
Sunday July 14th, 2019
Session 3 (Ages 8 & Under)
- Warm up at 7:30AM
- Start Time: 9:15AM session concludes at approx. 12:28pm
Session 4 ( Ages 11-12)
- Warm up: 1:15 PM
- Start Time: 3:00pm session concludes at approx. 6:20PM
How do I know if I can swim at the County Championship Meet?
- Swimmers who are between #1-50 in any individual event on the County's Top 100 list at the end of the season are guaranteed a spot to swim at the Championship Meet. Swimmers in positions #51-100 may get to swim at the County Meet depending on the number of swimmers in positions #1-50 who decline their spot.
- Each team also needs a medley relay team and free relay team to compete for each age group and gender. So even if your swimmer does not qualify in an individual event, they may be needed to swim for the relay team.
RSVPing for the County Championship
- Just like with our regular season meet, we need every swimmer on the team to RSVP for the county meet. If you RSVP "yes" you are letting us know your swimmer is available to swim at the meet for relays AND/OR for any individual event your swimmer may qualify for. If you RSVP "no" then you are letting us know you are not available to attend the County Meet.
- If you RSVP "yes" but do not make the cut-off for an individual event, and are not needed for a relay team, you will be notified.
- In recent years, GCSL has gone as high as swimmer #102 to fill all 50 spaces for an event. While this is unlikely, please know that it does happen! It happens most often in the older age groups because swimmers are only able to swim in a maximum of 3 individual events (even if they have qualified in more than 3 events).
- If you see your child's name in the Top 100 list please take a look at your summer calendar now! Obviously, we want any and all our swimmers who qualify for GCSL's Championship to attend! You can RSVP now on our Swim Meets page (page 2). The Championship Meet is listed after the last regular season meet.
Practices for County Hopefuls (those who are in positions 51-100 and those hoping to be on the relay teams) and County Qualifiers (those in positions 1-50) will begin on Tuesday, July 2. County Hopefuls and County Qualifiers will practice the 2nd, 3rd and 5th at the JB pool. Over the weekend of the 6th/7th we will get the final list of those who have made it into events and are confirm those who are on the relay teams. Only those who are officially swimming at the Championship Meet should attend practice the week of July 8 (at River Station).
Jones Bridge pool: July 2, 3 and 5th
River Station pool: July 8 - 11th
- 10 and Unders - 9 to 10 am
- 11 to 18 - 10 to 11 am
Friday, July 12th
We encourage all swimmers to come practice from 9 to 10, and then be part of our team photo and County Meet celebration (there might be treats!). Don't miss it!
More County Questions?
- Please email Amy or speak to a board member at practice!