We are excited to be adding a "Future Barracudas" program to our team this year. This is for all swimmers 3 1/2 through age 7 who are new to swim team and are not yet ready to compete at meets. This program will offer swimmers more one on one and small group instruction in beginning swimming. Swimmers will be evaluated on the first day of lessons (May 28) and placed in groups according to current ability. The Future Barracudas will be able to graduate up to the competition team at any time during the summer when they are ready.
- Future Barracudas must be fully potty trained, and have turned 3 before January 1, 2019.
- Future Barracudas must be able to listen to coaches and follow instructions.
- Future Barracudas who struggle to follow instructions or require an excess of the coach's time for behavior needs may be asked to wait until the following year and then return to the program. There are no refunds, so please be confident in your child's ability to participate.
- Future Barracudas begin May 28 and will attend lessons on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays through June 26.
- Future Barracudas can attend either AM or PM lessons. See the practice times page for details.
- Swimmers will be evaluated by the Head Coach weekly to determine if swimmers are ready to move up to the Rapid Barracudas and compete in meets.
- All Future Barracudas receive a team t-shirt just like the Rapid Barracudas (competition team), and are encouraged to come to swim meets to see how they run and cheer on our Rapid Barracudas!
- Future Barracudas are listed on our GCSL roster and covered by GCSL insurance in the same manner as Rapid Barracudas.
- Those swimmers who remain in the Future Barracudas program throughout the summer will have a Mini-Meet at the end of June to celebrate their summer season and experience some of what it is like to be at a swim meet! Look for a date TBD.